14 February 2014

Craft a Work of Heart

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! What are your plans today? Leading up to this day of hearts, I decided to share the love with some crafting. I made a few cards for the Etsy Special Delivery Project.

And just last Tuesday, I headed over to West Elm Broadway for a good cause.

I stopped in to decorate some paper hearts. You see, West Elm has this dream of making the longest paper heart chain. And for each heart made, $1 will be donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. All the more reason to craft, right?

Tables were set up within the store. So many people came to decorate some hearts.

Everyone was engrossed with their projects.

We had complimentary snacks.

And all the art supplies we needed.

All we had to do was to jazz up this heart.

Here are some of the ones I proudly made:











I made a total of 10 hearts. That's instantly $10 for St. Jude's! I'm pretty sure each person decorated more than one heart. Woohoo!

I'm digging the shadows from this punched-out paper...it's love multiplied!

This is what the paper heart chain will look like. Hearts from West Elm's branches will be collected, strung together,and put up at the hospital, which will no doubt cheer up the patients and caregivers there. I think that's blah to TADA!

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!