04 September 2013

Embroidery Essentials

If you're a crafter, you can focus on a single craft or try out different ones. I love how the world of crafting can be so diverse, the options are limitless! Lately, I've been enamored with embroidery. 

But before embarking on my first project, I've assembled a few key items or "embroidery essentials". Maybe this will be useful if you're considering embroidery, too.

 Embroidery floss in different colors

 Embroidery hoops - I have a small one {four inches} and a larger one {six inches}

 A sharp pair of scissors to trim thread and a seam ripper to undo stitches.

Embroidery needles {these have bigger holes/longer eyes compared to regular needles to fit multiple strands of thread} and pins {to secure patterns to fabric}.

 A pin cushion {I'm using this tiny stuffed toy as my sewing mascot}

Different kinds of fabric {cotton in plain shades are ideal but I'll be experimenting with printed ones and fabric scraps...an easy way to turn blah to TADA!}.

In the coming days, I'll show you a few of the things I'm working on. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!