18 September 2017

Framed Fabric

Hi guys! Thanks for your visit today.

Four years ago, I made this project to add life to our balcony at home. It's basically a piece of fabric that I framed.  

Because it was hung outdoors, the colors eventually faded and my inexpensive art piece started to look blah

And that means only one thing. Time to go shopping!

Did you know that Ikea has a line of fabrics? There's a wide assortment for any home improvement venture.

I chose this one in black and white with a culinary theme (even the husband approves). 

As with most things associated with Ikea, you do it yourself. And that includes measuring, cutting, and preparing a label for the register.

When I got home, I cut the fabric to fit the frame (with extra inches to allow it to fold over the wood backing). I pulled tightly and secured the fabric to the backing with lots of packaging tape. Then I added the frame.

Here is my new art piece. TADA!

It's nifty for dorm rooms or kid's rooms. Low commitment and budget-friendly! 

If you can, please stop by tomorrow -- I went to a fun exhibit and I have pictures to share.

4 comments:

  1. You're a girl after my own heart, Claire. I love to shop Ikea and had noticed their excellent selection of fabrics featuring large prints. Not so useful for most of the sewing that I do, but this DIY artwork is the perfect application! (I'm going to have to see if I can find any of this particular fabric at my location.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to put together an affordable art project? I didn't know Ikea had fabric. It's a nice look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Priscilla! IKEA has a pretty good selection!

      Delete

Your comments are very much appreciated!