22 February 2016

Pass the Sugar and Creamer, Please

Over the holidays, I was entertaining and when time came for coffee and dessert, I realized I didn't have the accoutrements for coffee. A gracious host would always have these handy for guests to flavor their after dinner beverages with, right?

Well, here's what I came up with on the fly:

I'm a big fan of white serveware. They're classic and can easily be mixed and matched. The sugar pot (originally a honey jar), the mini milk jug, and the rectangular dish were all bought separately but together, look like they were a set.  

I filled each one respectively: sugar, milk, and sweetener. And I put these on a dish that worked as a tray.  

How's that for blah to TADA!?

I'm also in the process of spring cleaning. And look at some of the things I found:

This cow is a creamer. You might think it's cute. Or kitschy. I bought it as a souvenir in the city of Delft in the Netherlands. They're known for their blue and white pottery that depict Dutch life.

It's filled with milk through the opening on top. Once ready to serve, the milk is poured into the cup through its mouth. Milk straight from the cow! 

This is a cup that I bought at a flea market. It was only a dollar. I was really attracted to the painting style. It was made in Portugal.

Together (now with milk and turbinado sugar), they match. TADA!

And this ceramic fish that I found at the sale bin at Anthropologie, works as a container for sugar packets.

I can't wait to use these for my next dinner party.

Have a good week, lovelies!

1 comment:

  1. I love blue & white things & have several collections of them. my niece was fascinated by the cow jug when she visited the Midlands so I gifted her a cow & a bull jug set & she was thrilled ....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!